Summer Water Conservation Tips –
Because less water used, is a smaller bill.
- Marry the weather with your landscape water use. Water use should decrease during rainy periods
- Consider buying a dual-flush toilet. It has two flush options: a half-flush for liquid waste and a full-flush for solid waste.
- Apply water only as fast as the soil can absorb it. Try watering in half-hour increments and check in-between watering to see if more is needed.
- Adjust your lawn mower height. Taller grass shades roots and holds soil moisture better than short grass.
- Pruning properlycan help your plants use water more efficiently.
- Use 2 to 4 inches of organic mulch around trees and plants to reduce evaporation and save hundreds of gallons of water a year.
- Direct water from rain gutters and HVAC systems to water-loving plants in your landscape.
- When cleaning out fish tanks, give the nutrient-rich water to your non-edible plants.