A collaborative effort between the Rotary Club of Waupaca and Waupaca Community Media (Win-TV 991 and Waupaca Radio fm96.3) Good News Waupaca is a multi-platform, bi-monthly program to connect the Waupaca Community with events, information and good news stories in our community. The program is live from 9am to 10am on the first and third Wednesday of the month in the Waupaca Community Media studios (lower level of Waupaca City Hall). You can listen to the program LIVE on fm96.3 and 99-1 WAUP and the Good News Waupaca Facebook page. Later rebroadcasts of the program will occur on Win-TV Spectrum Cable Channel 991 (7pm on the date of broadcast), an encore airing on fm96.3 at 7am Thursday morning following our live broadcast and will be available for later viewing on our Facebook page.
Each episode will feature a Waupaca Proud interview with a local person or organization doing good things in our community and up to four Community Spotlight Interviews, where guests will provide information about upcoming events, volunteer opportunities, or announcements, and an Our Money, Your Cause segment, where a fan of the show chooses a charity to receive a $50 donation, funded by the Rotary Club of Waupaca!
Community Spotlight Guest Criteria – if you fit any of the bullet points below we would love to have you on the air:
- Non-Profit or Community Group – talk about an upcoming event, volunteer opportunities or to provide other information you want the community to know about your group.
- School or Government Agency – talk about an upcoming event or service you offer
- Business Owner – we cannot promote businesses on this program, but as a business owner you are very knowledgeable about your area of expertise. Want to share this expertise with our community? We’d love to have you on the show. (Examples – accountant giving tax tips around tax season, gardening business to give gardening tips).
Our Money – Your Cause
The Rotary Club of Waupaca is generously picking a winner each show to donate $50 on their behalf to a 501c3 organization of their choosing. Watch this space for more details and rules.
Interested in being features in the Community Spotlight? Reserve your slot below:
- Slots are available on the first and third Wednesday of the month between 9:20am-10:00am.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your scheduled time
- You have up-to 9 minutes for your segment. Do not feel obligated to fill the entire 9 minutes if you have a quick topic.
- When filling out the booking form, please include the three main topics you would like to cover along with a link to a website or Facebook page with more details about the topic you will cover.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your slot, email email@example.com and let us know so we can reopen the slot for someone else to use.
If the episode you wish to be on is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If a spot opens we can let you know. Otherwise if you have a short message we can pass it along during the program.