Keys to Success:
Contact us as early as possible when beginning to plan a development or building project. Any information shared will be held in confidence until projects have applied for permits. Confidentiality is important in a competitive business and real estate environment and the Community and Economic Development Department and the City of Waupaca understand that.
A typical development process should follow these steps:
- Contact staff to discuss the project and verify the actions required for approvals and permits.
- Prepare conceptual plans and set up a meeting with the Community and Economic Development staff to discuss potential problems or opportunities.
- Prepare detailed plans.
- Submit for zoning approvals (Special Use, Planned Development, Rezoning, etc…), if necessary.
- Submit for Site Work and Building Permits.
- After all permits are approved…get your development underway.
As you prepare, please keep in mind that it is easier for the City to respond quickly and with accurate information if staff is made aware early and provided with a well-thought-out plan. The more details provided help to ensure complete answers and appropriate directions right from the start. Please feel free to stop in the Community and Economic Development office at any time. However, for the most comprehensive service, please call to arrange a meeting so that we can be prepared to discuss the specifics of your project.
If working with a development team, it is very helpful to designate and use a primary contact for the City. This helps City staff ensure that any and all requested information is properly dispersed.
Contact: Aaron Jenson, City Administrator – 715.258.4411