Address: 202 E. Union Street
This building was constructed in 1854 in the Greek Revival style and is believed to be one of the oldest existing buildings in Waupaca. It is recognized by the Wisconsin Bar Association as the oldest existing law building in the state of Wisconsin. A number of original desks, furniture, and fixtures are still in use. E. L. Browne was elected as a representative to the state senate for two terms in the 1860’s. He was described by the prosecution’s remarks during the Mead Trial in 1893 as the only mad sober in Waupaca the night Banker Mead was murdered.