Address: 614 S. Main Street
The house was built in 1894. Edward Browne was admitted to the bar in 1891 and served as Waupaca’s District Attorney from 1898 until 1904. He served as a regent for the University of Wisconsin System for two years, resigning to serve in the state senate (1906-1912) where he was instrumental in promoting the issue of road conditions in Wisconsin. He served as a representative n Congress from 1912 through 1918 where he drafted and promoted the ratification of the National Aid Road Law. He also served on the state conservation commission, was the president of the seventh judicial bar association, the curator for the Waupaca Historical Society and held on term as vice-president of the old Waupaca County National Bank.