The beach is currently closed. (August 29, 2021)
The Waupaca Parks and Rec Department manages a public beach located at South Park. The beach house is equipped with changing rooms, vending machines and bathrooms. The beach is staffed with lifeguards starting Memorial Day weekend through late August, WEATHER PERMITTING, as follows:
- 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. – Monday through Thursdays
- 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday
- 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm on Sunday
Please call the Parks and Recreation office or Beach House if you are planning to bring a large group swimming so that we may be better able to plan. Patrons who decide to swim when lifeguards are off duty can do so at their own risk as long as they do so within park hours (7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.) *Swimming at your own risk is not allowed while lifeguards are performing opening and closing duties.
Swim lessons are taught at South Park Beach throughout the summer (June and July Sessions). To sign up for swim lessons, please visit our website: www.waupacaactive.net
- *Break times during swim lesson sessions, Monday through Thursday are 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm.
- *Break times during non-swim lesson days are approximately 1:00 pm, 3:00 pm, 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm.
Beach House Phone: 715.513.0498
Address: 921 S. Main Street
South Park beach