Swan Park Sledding Hill Rules
1. Sledding Hill Hours are from 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. (unless otherwise designated by the Parks and Recreation Department)
2. The Sledding Hill will not be staffed and the Waupaca Parks and Recreation Department encourages users to sled at their own risk.
3. Do not walk on the sled runs! Walk to the north side of the berm when walking up the hill.
4. All riders must face forward when using the sled hill. No riding backwards or sideways when sled is in motion.
5. Sled in a SITTING position only. No “surfing, skiing, or snowboarding” is allowed.
6. Building jumps or ramps is not allowed.
7. Sledding is allowed in designated area only on the East Slope. If the hill is posted as CLOSED, then sledding is prohibited due to weather/surface conditions.
8. Tuck in any scarves, strings, or long hats that could potentially catch on any obstruction and cause strangulation or other serious injuries.
9. The Waupaca Parks and Recreation Department does not require but encourages all users to wear a properly fitted ski or hockey helmet to protect against brain injuries.
10. Only plastic sleds and snow tubes are allowed on the sled hill. Saucers, toboggans, and all sleds with metal runners are prohibited.
11. Parents/guardians are responsible for their children.
Please Report all Accidents/Injuries to Park Staff
Any problems or damage to this facility should be reported immediately by calling 715-258-4435.
Call 911 for Emergencies.
Please Follow the Above Rules.
The Waupaca Park and Rec Department staff reserves the right to enforce all park rules. Failure to obey rules may result in dismissal from the park premises.