The following applications and permits are available from the City of Waupaca. Please note that any license requiring a background check will cost an additional $12.00 ($20.00 for out of state).

Amalgam Application and Reporting:
Mandatory one time reporting for all installed separators.Amalgam Separator Installation Notice Form

Each dental office shall maintain annual reporting and provide a copy to the City of Waupaca.

Dental Amalgam Annual Report Form 2020

Additional information can be found here: Mercury Pollution Minimization Program

Arcade/Amusement Permit Variable Rates (See Permit Form)
Beer Permit:
For family/group events taking place in a qualifying park (see clerk for qualifying parks), lasting no longer than one day. Must be obtained at Parks and Rec. Department.
Bicycle License:
Required in order to operate a bicycle upon any street or public way within the city. Obtained at the Police Department.
 $2.00/2yrs. from the date of the original registration.

$1.00 to replace lost license plate.

Broker/Antique Dealer License:
Required in order to engage in selling secondhand goods/furnishings or deal in antiques.

Application for Broker and Second Hand Dealer

 $27.50/yr. from Jan 1 to Dec 1 Broker /Secondhand dealer

$165.00/2 yr. from Jan 1 to Dec 31 for  mall or flea market license.

Burning Permits:
Except for recreational fires, as defined in Paragraph (3), no person shall engage in open burning of small amounts of confidential papers, leaves, brush or untreated, unpainted wood without first obtaining a burning permit.  Obtained in person from the City of Waupaca Police Department.
Chicken Permit:
Required to have chickens within city limits

Permit to Keep Chickens

Permit to Keep Chickens Renewal

17.370 Keeping of Chickens in R-1 and R-2 District

$50.00 permit fee initial year/$20.00 per year thereafter
January 1 – December 31
Cigarette License:
Required to have license in order to sell cigarettes.
$100.00/yr. from July 1 to June 30
Commercial Tree Operator’s License:
Required for persons spraying, trimming  or removing any tree or tree stump for compensation.
$50.00/yr. from July 1 to June 30
Dance Hall $25.00/yr from July 1 to June 30
Driveway Permit Application

Driveway Permit Standard Drawings

This permit holds a zero dollar fee, but must be completed and approved before any driveway improvements within public right-of-way can occur.  Please see municipal ordinance 8.11 or call Waupaca Public Works at 715-258-4420 for more information.

Dog/Cat License:
Proof of rabies vaccination is required before a license is issued. No dog or cat may run at large. Owner of dog/cat shall promptly remove of any feces left by the animal upon  public or private property not owned by such person. A late fee of $5.00 will be charged if the owner of a dog or cat 5 months or over fails to obtain a license prior to April 1 of each year or within 30 days of acquiring ownership of a licensable animal.
$5.00/yr. spayed female/neutered male
$10.00/yr. unspayed female/unneutered male
$2.00 to replace lost tag
Farmer’s Market:
Includes homegrown fruits, vegetables, and farm garden products sold from a vehicle parked on city streets.
$120.00/yr from January 1 to December 31
Food Truck/Mobile Unit

Food Truck Fact Sheet (Informational)

$125.00 + Background Checks
Garbage Hauler’s License

For any person, partnership, corporation, or other public or private entity that provides for the collection and transportation of garbage, refuse, commercial or industrial waste, or recyclable materials. Vehicles must be inspected by the City Police Department.

Application for Garbage Pickup

$40.00/yr. from July 1 to June 30 for the 1st vehicle.

$30.00/yr. from July 1 to Julne 30 for each additional vehicle.

Grease Interceptor Log Sheet
Hotel/Motel Permit $25.00/annually
Operator’s License (fill-in form) $15.00/yr. Provisional License (60 days)
$20.00/yr. Regular License
$12.00 ($20.00 out of state) Required Background Check
Regular licenses expire on June 30th
Parade Permit $5.00 per day
Parking Permit
Available parking lots: SW corner of S. Washington/Union Streets, SW corner of N. Washington/Granite Streets, SE corner of N. Washington/ Granite Streets, Rotary Riverview Park east of Main St. and north of E. Fulton St. Violators may be required to forfeit not less than $50.00 and not more than $200.00 in fines, in addition to reimbursement to the city for all expenses incurred.
$120.00 expires September 30
Public Square Usage/Gazebo $10.00 (not to exceed 4 hours)
Rummage/Garage Sale Permit
Hours:  8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Sales may not be held for more than three consecutive days.

Residents holding a yard/rummage sale are limited to the hours of 8am-6pm and no more than three consecutive days. If a resident holds more than two sales per year they must obtain a Rummage/Garage sale permit from City Hall.

$10.00/day if conducting more than two sales per year
Scrap Dealer’s License:
Required for buying, selling, gathering, delivering, or storing old iron, brass, copper, other base metals, paper, rags, glass, and all articles and things discarded as manufactured articles commonly referred to as “junk”.
$150.00/yr (in-city) or $100.00/yr (out of city). from July 1 to June 30
Tattoo Establishment $50.00/yr Jan 1 to Dec 31
Taxicab Driver’s License:
To operate a taxicab
Waived/yr. from January 1 to December 31
Taxicab Vehicle License
To carry passengers for hire, except vehicles regulated by the PSC, rent-a-cars, and funeral services. Vehicles must be inspected by the City Police Department.
Transient Merchant License:
For any person engaging in temporary retail sales, not intending to become a permanent merchant.
$25.00 – Permit is good for one year

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window