Voter Registration

New voters in Waupaca need to register prior to voting.  A voter registration form is available on the City website or in person at City Hall if you wish to register prior to an election.  Residents should bring proof of residency with them; this may be your driver’s license or state ID card with current address.  Call City Hall for examples of other acceptable forms of proof of residency.

Election Location

Voting is held at the Waupaca Recreation Center at 407 School St. in Waupaca.  Polls are open from 7:00am – 8:00pm on Election Day.  All City of Waupaca residents vote at this location.

Absentee Ballot

If you are unable to vote on the day of an election you may request an absentee ballot.  Details are available on the City Website or at City Hall prior to an election.

Find out What Ward You are In:

Find out what ward you are in (Ward Map | Address Listing)

Find out if you are registered to vote

Visit MyVote Wisconsin to check if you are currently registered to vote.  If not, you can register online.

Voting ID

Wisconsin Voter ID Website

How to Get a Photo ID

If you are eligible to vote in Wisconsin, but do not have a Wisconsin Identification Card or Wisconsin Driver’s License, you are eligible to receive a free state ID for voting purposes. | Getting a Photo ID

If your spiritual beliefs prevent you from being photographed, you can receive a State ID card or driver’s license without a photo at any Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office.


The following photo IDs are acceptable for voting purposes, and can be unexpired or expired after the date of the most recent general election (currently, the November 6, 2012):

  • A Wisconsin DOT-issued driver license, even if expired, revoked or suspended.
  • A Wisconsin DOT-issued identification card (available for free, see below)
  • Military ID card issued by a U.S. uniformed service (veteran ID card not included)
  • A U.S. passport book or card

The following photo IDs are also acceptable for voting purposes, but must be unexpired:

  • A certificate of naturalization that was issued not earlier than two years before the date of an election at which it is presented
  • A driver license receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT (valid for 45 days)
  • An identification card receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT (valid for 45 days)
  • An identification card issued by a federally recognized Indian tribe in Wisconsin
  • A photo identification card issued by a Wisconsin accredited university or college that contains the following:
    • Date of issuance
    • Signature of Student
    • Expiration date no later than two years after date of issuance
    • The university or college ID must be accompanied by a separate document that proves enrollment

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window