Do you live in a mobile home?
Residents of mobile homes need to make an extra effort to plan ahead for severe weather. In a tornado, there is no safe place to take shelter in a mobile home.
Before the storm:
- Talk to others in your mobile home community about severe weather. Is there a sturdy building nearby where you can take shelter?
- Make sure everyone in your family knows where to go during a tornado warning, and be ready to take swift action.
- Get a NOAA weather radio with a battery backup so you’ll be alerted to severe weather.
During the storm:
- Get out of the mobile home. Proceed on foot to a nearby sturdy building or shelter facility.
- Do not take shelter under the mobile home. Do not try to drive to shelter.
- If you are caught outdoors, get down low to the ground in a shallow ditch or depression.