What are the overnight vehicle parking regulations?

No person may park their vehicle on any city street between the hours of 2am and 6am for more than 1/2 hour.  No parking is allowed in any city owned parking lot overnight without first obtaining a parking permit.  These permits are available at City Hall.

When is curfew?

Curfew in Waupaca is between the hours of 11:00pm and 6:00am Sunday through Thursday, and 12:00am (midnight) to 6:00am on Friday and Saturday nights.  This means no person under the age of 18 may be out without a parent during these hours, unless you are going to and from work or are in an emergency.

Do I need a bicycle license?

All persons residing within the City of Waupaca who own a bicycle must first obtain a bicycle license before operating it in the city limits.  Bicycle permits are available at the Police Department for $2.00 each.  The license is good for a period of two years.  Remember, bicyclists must observe all traffic rules and regulations.

Are there any public areas bicycles/skateboards are not allowed?

Bikes, skates, rollerblades, motorized toy vehicles, sleds and skateboards are prohibited on sidewalks in the downtown area.

Do I need a burning permit to burn?

If you are going to burn within city limits you must first obtain a burning permit.  Permits are available at the Police Department (open Monday – Fridays 7:30am-4pm) for a $5.00 fee.  The permits outline all of the burning rules and regulations.

What are the City park hours and park alcohol regulations?

All city parks are open between the hours of 6:00am and 10:00pm.  No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the parks without obtaining a permit at City Hall.  The city square is open until 9:00pm, but persons are required to leave on request by a law enforcement officer.  This is to deter unwanted loitering on a square.

What are the fireworks regulations?

No person may discharge or light fireworks of any type within the City of Waupaca.  This regulation is in effect all year.  All outlaying townships also prohibit the use of fireworks without a permit from the town board.

Can dogs or cats run at large?

No one may permit a dog or cat to run at large.  All animals must be in complete control of their owner at all times.  In addition, no animal waste may be left in other person’s yard, or on any city property.  Owner must immediately clean up after their animal.

Do I need an animal license?

All dogs and cats residing within the City Limits must be licensed.  Licenses may be purchased at City Hall.

When is the proper time to call 911?

In any emergency situation; police, medical, or fire call 911.  A 911 call should always be a call for help.  Call 911 to get help for someone who is hurt, if you see someone taking something that belongs to someone else, if you see someone hurting another, if you smell smoke or see a fire.

Why do the Police always ask so many personal questions when I call?

The Police dispatcher will always ask for your full name, address, telephone number, and birthday whenever you place a call for assistance or to report a crime.  This information helps officers determine who is calling, the age of the caller, and where the incident is taking place.  This also allows us to call you back if we require additional information.  This information is used for official business only and is not necessarily given to suspects of a crime.

What are rules regarding noise in Waupaca?

City ordinance prohibits loud, disturbing or unnecessary sounds or noises such as may tend to annoy or disturb another in or about any public street, alley, park or private residence.  

Additionally, as a condition for building permits and as a courtesy to your neighbors, please refrain from noise making activities outside the hours of 7 am to 8 pm, Monday thru Saturday.

What are rules regarding junk and debris in Waupaca?

Per City ordinance no person shall accumulate, store or allow and disassembled, unlicensed, inoperable, junked or wrecked motor vehicles, truck bodies, tractors or trailers in the open upon any public or private property in the City for a period exceeding 72 hours.  Exceptions to this would be any business engaged in the sale, repair or storage of such items in a properly zoned district and licensed junk yards.  Garden tractors and mowers may be stored in the rear yard not less than 10 feet from the property line.  


No person, except a licensed junk dealer, shall accumulate, store or allow any junk outside of any building or any public or private real estate located in the City.  If any residents are in violation of this, a police officer or building inspector give 10 days notice to remove such items, it items are not removed this will result in the issuance of a citation.  

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window